Shipping times may vary, call for more information
TeraFlex JK Front Tera44 TF44 Replacement Axle Housings include a heavy-duty housing with axle tubes, bracketry, and forged inner knuckles, pre-installed inner seals and upper control arm bushings as well as OEM Rubicon locker, choice of Spicer ring & pinion gear ratio, Spicer bearings and install kits, TeraFlex heavy-duty ball joints, and factory yoke.
Simply swap over axle shafts, outer knuckles, outer axle assembly, unit bearings, brakes and sensors. The comprehensive assembly makes swapping axle housings a true DIY process!
TeraFlex heavy-duty JK Front Tera44 TF44 Replacement Axle Housings are perfect for replacing bent, broken, or damaged front axles in JK Wrangler and Rubicon vehicles. Can also be used as a direct bolt-on upgrade for JK Wrangler owners looking to beef up the front axle’s weak areas.
LIFT HEIGHT: 0-3"
WIDTH: 67" WMS-WMS (stock)
AXLE TUBE: 3.25" x 0.5"
RING & PINION: 4.10
• JK Wrangler (2-door) – front
• JKU Wrangler Unlimited (4-door) – front
• ARB air locker
• Spicer ring & pinion – 4.10
• Spicer bearings & install kits
• TeraFlex HD ball joints
• Factory yoke
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
• 3.25" O.D. x 0.5" wall axle tube increases strength to resist bending & torsion w/ minimal weight increase
• Pre-installed inner axle seals
• Forged HD inner knuckles w/ greater upper & lower section strength
• Ductile cast iron housing w/ increased rib gussets
• HD ductile iron differential cover
• Asymmetric housing design, for extra-long tube side strength
• Smooth radius bottom design to glide over rocks & obstacles
• Integrated lower flexarm skid plates
• Bottom oil drain hole for simple fluid changes
• Premium UV protected triple-stage powder coat process for superior corrosion resistance
• 1/4"-thick CNC laser cut axle brackets for extreme strength
• Integrated factory location upper control arm mount
• Pre-installed upper control arm bushings
• Reinforced front track bar mount (ties into spring pad) for greater strength
• Proper pinion angle for lifted JK applications
• Pre-tapped hole on spring perch for bump stop extensions
• Pre-drilled holes for limit straps & lower spring retainers
• Retains all JK ESP, ABS, & speedometer sensor capability
• 100% engineered, designed, & built in the USA
• 100% new components
• 1-Year / Unlimited Mileage Warranty
• The TF44 axle is designed to work with non-Rubicon Dana 44 lockers. Please consult the Tera44 axle flow chart prior to placing your order.
REQUIREMENTS & RECOMMENDATIONS:
• Below is a list of Requirements & Recommendations for TeraFlex axle housings as budget and build preference allows.
• Questions? Stop scratching your head and contact us! We know our axles AND we’re here to help!
CONTROL ARM UPGRADE
• 0-3" LIFT: This axle is a direct bolt-on upgrade! Although stock control arms will work at this lift height, aftermarket flexarms may be used if desired – highly recommended w/ a 3" lift.
Front upper (# 1252200) & front lower (# 1252000) TeraFlex JK Sport Flexarms will work w/ 2.5-3" lifts.
Front upper (# 1415520) & front lower (# 1415500) TeraFlex JK adjustable Alpine Flexarms will work w/ 2.5-4" lifts.
Front upper (# 1315520) & front lower (# 1315500) TeraFlex JK adjustable Alpine Long Flexarms will work w/ 3-6" lifts.
INNER AXLE SHAFT UPGRADE
• 0-6" LIFT: REQUIRES aftermarket inner axle shafts to handle the additional power. TeraFlex offers 34.19" passenger side axles (# 304136) & 19.11" driver side axles (# 304120). These shafts MUST be used w/ 2013-2017 JK axle U-joint.
AXLE STUB UPGRADE
• 0-6" LIFT: High-quality aftermarket chromoly stubs are recommended, though the stock 2013-2017 JK outer axle stubs can be (re)used.
AXLE SHAFT TUBE SEAL UPGRADE
• 0-6" LIFT: Get serious with HD 0.5" wall seals (# 4354050) or keep it real with standard 0.25" wall seals (# 4354025). Stock seals may also be reused.
STEERING SYSTEM UPGRADE
• 0-3" LIFT: The JK HD Tie Rod & Drag Link Steering Kit (# 1853900) will do the trick, though the stock steering system may be reused.
• 0-6" LIFT: Experience a notable difference w/ a TeraFlex Big Brake Kit (# 4303400 or # 4303420) or JK Big Rotor Kit (# 4303480 or # 4303490).
INSTALL TIME: 6 Hours