Shipping times may vary, call for more information
The complete TeraFlex JK/JKU: Dana 30/44 High Steer System w/ HD Drag Link Flip Kit & HD Tie Rod addresses all of the front-end steering issues associated with lifted JK/JKU Wrangler models. This system beefs up the steering components of the Dana 30 or Dana 44 front axle, helps maximize steering component ground clearance, and restores correct steering geometry for superior highway drivability. Highly recommended for JK/JKU models with 4" or more lift.
"Flipping" the HD Drag Link (50% stronger than factory) over the Knuckle helps eliminate front-end shimmy and other alignment issues, while the Front Track Bar Drop Bracket corrects steering geometry. The Frame Brace reinforces the frame further reducing excessive movement and front-end shimmy.
Our complete High Steer System Kit (# 4391000) combines our High Steer Knuckle Kit (# 4390870) with our complete HD Drag Link Flip Kit (# 1853930), Front Track Bar Drop Bracket & Frame Brace Kit (# 1600444), HD Tie Rod (# 1853910), and Steering Stabilizer Relocation Mounting Bracket (# 1123160). Most replacement components available separately.
This kit is compatible with all factory and aftermarket axle shafts, ball joints, wheel hubs, and tie rods and does not affect operation of factory stability and traction control systems including ESP and ABS.
• JK Wrangler (2-door)
• JKU Wrangler Unlimited (4-door)
• Dana 30 front axle
• Dana 44 front axle
• 4-6" Lift
• High Steer Knuckle Kit (# 4390870)
• HD Drag Link Flip Kit (# 1853930)
• Front Track Bar Drop Bracket & Frame Brace Kit (# 1600444)
• HD Tie Rod (# 1853910)
• Steering Stabilizer Relocation Mounting Bracket (# 1123160)
Features & Benefits:
• Installation does not require any cutting or removal of factory bracketry
High Steer Knuckle Kit (# 4390870)
• Cast from HD ductile iron
• Reinforces key section areas prone to stress and deflection
• Maintains correct steering geometry angles for superior highway drivability
• Provides HD solution for several weak vulnerabilities found in stock JK/JKU axle steering configuration
• Increases tie rod ground clearance by more than 1-1/8" to reduce tie rod damage and bending
HD Drag Link Flip Kit (# 1853930)
• Relocates drag link over the knuckle
• Bolts directly to new High Steer Knuckle
• 50% stronger than factory drag link to help eliminate front end shimmy and other alignment issues
• Forged drag link threads into factory adjusting sleeve
• Complete drag link is fully forged to eliminate excess movement during hard steering maneuvers
• Utilizes oversized DOM factory-style adjusting collar and pinch clamp for simple adjustments
• 1.25" O.D. fully forged drag link eliminates excess movement during hard steering maneuvers
• Tie rod end joint incorporates same features found in TeraFlex Ball Joints, including 4140 chromoly ball/stud and 1045 carbon steel housing
• Adjustable preload tension to ensures proper long-term durability
• Joint is pressed into rod end housing and secured w/ snap ring
• Fits OEM 17" wheel
Front Track Bar Drop Bracket & Frame Brace Kit (# 1600444)
• Frame side track bar drop bracket (included) corrects steering geometry
• Frame brace strengthens the frame to further reduce front end shimmy or excess movement
HD Tie Rod (# 1853910)
• HD 1-5/8" O.D. (42mm) 4140 heat treated chromoly steel
• More than 200% stronger than factory tie rod
• Forged tie rod end housing designed specifically for JK/JKU Wrangler
• Tie rod end joint incorporates same features found in TeraFlex ball joints, including 4140 chromoly ball/stud & 1045 carbon steel housing
• Features adjustable preload tension to ensure proper long-term durability
• The joint is pressed into the rod end housing & secured w/ a snap ring
• Tie rod end joint allows up to 14 degrees of movement to minimize tie rod roll, while maximizing turnability
• Allows proper clearance for use with factory 17" wheels
• Steering Stabilizer Relocation Mounting Bracket Kit - HD Tie Rod (# 1123160)
Steering Stabilizer Relocation Mounting Bracket Kit - HD Tie Rod (# 1123160)
• Fits heavy-duty 1-5/8" or 42mm tie rod
• 6061-T6 aluminum clamp and forged 10.9 grade stud
• Moves steering stabilizer up nearly 2.5" to help reduce damage to the stabilizer shaft or body
• Repositions stabilizer to reduce "tie rod roll" that causes a dead spot of un-resisted movement in the steering.
• NOT compatible w/ Falcon Nexus EF Steering Stabilizers (2.2 Fast Adjust w/ OEM Tie Rod: # 01-02-22-110-138; 2.2 Fast Adjust w/ HD Tie Rod: # 01-02-22-110-158; 2.1 w/ OEM Tie Rod: # 01-02-21-110-138; 2.1 w/ HD Tie Rod: # 01-02-21-110-158) when used w/ factory-style track bar bracket and/or factory-style axle housing.
• Requires aftermarket wheels w/ 4.5" backspacing or less - or Offset Wheel Adapters (# 1055000) for stock wheels - NOT INCLUDED.
• Requires welding.
Install Time: 7 Hours